Sunday, May 5, 2013

Memorial Nails - Andrew "Andy" Welburn

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Just a note before today's entry: this week is the last before Mother's Day, so I'm going to be gone again until after the holiday. Hopefully, I'll be able to jump right back in after things calm down again at the flower shop. ~Toad
---------------------------------------------------------------------------


It never dawned on me that I might have to do a memorial manicure at any point, never mind one for my Step-dad. He passed away extremely suddenly on April 16th. April 27th, we held a memorial at the gaming store he frequented, oddly enough while a Magic: The Gathering tournament was going on in the other room. 

When it came time to do my nails for the memorial, I got stuck. He loved so many things, how was I going to pick just one? So I didn't. I used his favorite colors, purple and acid green along with the teal and black of his favorite hockey team the San Jose Sharks on the accent nail and chose images that made up the things that were most important to him.

I hope it's a long, long time before I have to do this again.



SH219.VL003.CH38.CH39.VL007


Thumb: Andy loved dogs. My parents were together 22 years and we always had at least one dog, and sometimes as many as three.

Index: Biohazard symbol, for zombies in all their forms. He didn't care if a zombie movie was good or bad, he had to have it.

Middle: San Jose Sharks.

Ring: Dice to show his love of all kinds of gaming.

Pinkie: A gun. He actually sold guns at one point, if I remember correctly, and I have no idea how many he owned.


Polishes Used:
Nail Tek Foundation II
L.A. Colors UltraNail Hardner
Pure Ice Wild Thing (green)
Wet N' Wild On A Trip (purple)
Wet N' Wild Teal Or No Teal (teal)

Stamped With:
Pure Ice Wild Thing (green)
Zoya Suri (purple)
Finger Paints Black Expressionism (black)

Plates:
Thumb: Shany SH219
Index: Vivid Lacquer VL003
Middle: Cheeky CH38
Ring: Cheeky CH39
Pinkie: Vivid Lacquer VL007

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...