Saturday, October 12, 2013

Nerd Nails: Sherlock Holmes. Zoya Farah & Flynn stamped with KleanColor Espresso.



zoya.farah.and.flynn.stamped.kleancolor.espresso.moyou.tourist.01.vl003.thumb

 I've been taking part in a challenge in my nail polish group over on Ravelry and this is the manicure I've been looking forward too the most. The challenge this day is to show off your nerd/geek/gamer pride. SO MANY IDEAS!! However, one of my main loves is Sherlock Holmes. Not RDJ's Holmes, or the BBC Holmes or even Jeremy Brett's Holmes. I love Sherlock Holmes the character, in all his incarnations. I need to get into more of the stories written after Conan Doyle's days, but I love the Mary Russel series written by Laurie R. King. I spent most of the first book in disbelief, but she's got the nuances of Holmes so down so well that I was a believer before the the villian steps out of the shadows.

Okay, enough about books, most of you are here for the nails. LOL. I laid down Zoya Farah then used plastic wrap to add Zoya Flynn. The shelf of books is from Vivid Lacquer's VL003, then the Sherlock-y stamps are from MoYou's Tourist plate 01. I free-handed the 221B with a tiny brush (as if THAT's not glaringly obvious!) and then added a matte top coat to give the whole thing that aged paper look. I LURVE this mani.


Base coats are Orly Nailtrition and Bonder. Top coat is Seche Vite and NYC Matte Me Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...