Sunday, January 5, 2014

Green and Gold - Vivid Lacquer Fire Swap with Zoya Ziv

vivid.lacquer.fire.swamp.zoya.ziv

I got so. much. polish. for Christmas! A big Vivid Lacquer order came in the day before and I got the Zoya Dream Box deal to actually open on Christmas and four Finger Paints colors with a gift certificate I got from my mom so all together there were close to 50 new bottles for me that week. Both of these colors were included in that haul.

 The green in Fire Swamp by Anni at Vivid Lacquer. It's a wonderful murky oliveish green with a gold shimmer, but when you turn your nails just right, the shimmer turns red! You may be able to see a little bit of the red hit in the pinky up there, at the bottom of the light reflection. It's part of VL's As You Wish trio and you will not be disappointed.

I wore Fire Swamp by itself until I started to get tipwear and then sponged on Zoya Ziv. I'm not usually a fan of gold, but Ziv seems to almost exactly match the tone of the gold shimmer in Fire Swamp, so much so that in real life the sponging was very subtle. Plus, Ziv is the smoothest foil I've tried, so it made even the texture seamless (what you mean to tell me you don't run your fingertips over your nails constantly? Just me? Yeah, I kinda thought so.).



Base coats are Orly Nailtrition and Bonder. Top coat is Seche Vite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...